Crunchy Watermelon Salad
If the summer heat is getting you down, make this refreshing and thirst-quenching salad! Keep it simple with the first four ingredients plus the dressing, or get crazy and add in other seasonal ingredients!
- 3 cups watermelon, chopped small
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped small
- 2 ears sweet corn, fresh and cut off the cob
- 1/4 cup mint or basil, or both, julienned
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped small (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped small (optional)
- 1/2 cup feta (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar of choice or juice of 1 lemon or 2-3 limes
- Salt to taste
Chop all the ingredients into small uniform pieces and place in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients, add to salad and toss to combine. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Serve cold on its own or serve with chips! Enjoy!