Current Job Openings
Thank you for your interest in working with Heirloom Farmers Markets! Please see our current job openings below.
- Wage – Starting $17/hr
- 20 – 30 hours per week
- Potential for advancement
- Must be available 6:30AM to 2PM on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, occasional Sundays and flexible office hours.
- Reliable transportation mandatory, mileage reimbursement available
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references to [email protected]. Position will be open until filled.
Heirloom Farmers Markets is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit operating five farmers markets in Southern Arizona. It is our mission to connect, educate, and empower our community to create a vibrant food system that supports local food producers and proprietors.
Since 1998, we’ve been dedicated to promoting local food, improving farm viability, and engaging in the food system. We’re helping to build a food system that honors producers, values good local food and enhances the quality of life for Tucson and beyond. Heirloom has grown from its first year with five participating farms to more than 40 farms, 200 vendors and more than 2,500 people attending our Farmers Markets weekly.
Heirloom Farmers Markets is seeking a Market Coordinator to assist at three farmers markets per week, with flexibility to work office hours and an additional market when needed. The Market Coordinator assists in running the Market Info Booth and supports vendor and customer relations. There is additional opportunity to support the administrative duties of the Market Manager for a few hours a week. The ideal candidate is one who is able to work as a collaborative and supportive team member while committing to completing personal job duties.
- Developing relationships with all market vendors in order to be a leader in diplomacy and conflict resolution, and to understand the unique dynamics to each market
- Creating a safe, inviting, and accessible space for all market customers to feel encouraged and welcome to return to the markets weekly
- Assisting in and running market transactions, including distribution of SNAP/EBT and Double Up Dollars
- Ensuring that set-up and break-down of market is performed correctly and efficiently
- Serve as a resource for all vendors and customers during market hours
- Sharing market happenings on HFM social media
- Flexible office hours to assist with administrative duties
Guerilla Marketing Responsibilities
- Distributing signage in neighborhoods close to weekly markets
- Delivering informational handouts to high-traffic destinations such as the DES office, local community centers, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Ability to connect and communicate with people of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to take initiative and apply a systems leadership approach
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to show up on time and early in the morning
- Ability to be independently motivated, but also to work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in the heat
- Passion for learning about local food systems
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual in order to communicate with more customers (not required, but encouraged)
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly