Why volunteer with Heirloom?
What will you be doing during a shift?
- Market Set-Up (7:15am – 9am): Help us set up the market so that it’s ready for customers! We will set up our 2 cafes with tents, tables, chairs, and benches, the music tent, our market info booth, and more. Once set-up is complete, feel free to help our vendors to set up their own booths (and build awesome relationships while doing it!) Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Taste of the Market (8:45am – 1pm): Set-up and facilitate our new Taste of the Market tent! In this exciting education series, volunteer to:
- Educate people of all ages and backgrounds about a certain topic repeatedly during the market
- Help to prepare samples from fresh market food & follow food safety protocol
- Take initiative when teaching education topics to customers
Desire to interact with and teach diverse populations preferred. Bilingual speakers wanted!! (If signing up for this volunteering position, please include in the “message” any previous experience in: cooking & food prep, education, gardening and/or agriculture, etc. OR describe your interest in getting more experience in these areas. This isn’t required to volunteer!)
Special Events (hours TBD based on event): We have lots of special events during the year, from food festivals to National Farmers Market Week! Often, we’ll have special jobs for events like these where we need more hands to make our events successful. By selecting this option, we’ll keep you on a stand-by list and reach out for all of our special event opportunities! Jobs can include: counting customers using a clicker, special set-up, assisting with Chef at the Market, etc.
- Market Break-Down (12:45am – 1:45pm): Help us close down the market and get a good workout while doing it. This position includes breaking down tents, stacking chairs, tables, and benches, collecting trash, and helping out with any closing down our vendors could need. Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
We love our volunteers!
Volunteer with us 4 times and receive an Heirloom Farmers Market volunteer shirt.