Heirloom Farmers Markets could use volunteers on a regular basis Sunday’s at Rillito Park, devoting a morning, once a week or once a month. Groups are also welcome. We need individuals to help out a maximum of three hours between the hours of 8am and 1:30pm on Sundays. Each shift offers limited availability, and needs to be scheduled in advance. What does Heirloom Farmers Markets look like behind the scenes? Here are a few examples:
- Help with market opening (7:30am to 9am): Put up 10 X 10 tents, tables and chairs for market patrons. (Must be able to lift 30 – 40 lbs.)
- During market hours (8am to 12pm): Help at the Market Information booth: Customer care, run market transactions and tokens.
- Take market photos, help with social media.
- Help implement creative activities for our young market shoppers.
- Help at the ‘Chef at the Market’ booth: Set-up, help with banners, handing out information, flyers at vendor tables etc.
- Help with special events at the market, ie. Citrus Jubilee, Spring Fever, Bike to the Farmers Market, Tomato Basil Fest and Chile Fest.
- End of day market break-down (11am to 12:30pm): Take down tents, put away tables and chairs. (Must be able to lift 30 – 40 lbs.)
Make your Sunday a Fun Day at the Farmers Market! Come join a fun group of people all working toward good food for our community!