Be a supporter of Heirloom Farmers Markets and help feed your local community and economy!
Please consider donating to Heirloom Farmers Markets. Your donation will support our operating costs and help keep our marketplaces open. Our producers sell directly to the community, allowing them to keep more of their revenues. Your tax-deductible gift contributes to our mission to increase vital access to the community for local nutritious food, and provide economic opportunity for many local family-owned small businesses.
Over the past year, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to increased food insecurity in our community. In response to this crisis, local food systems have had a critical role in expanding food access. Despite suffering revenue losses of up to 70% during 2020, HeirloomFM is looking forward to a better year ahead to support our food community and our local farmers and producers.
“The SNAP/Double Up Farm Bucks program has enabled me to afford exceptional quality produce. Without this program, the opportunity to shop at the market would not be possible, or would be extremely limited for me. Also, being able to befriend the farmers and see the benefits of their hard work in my life has given me renewed purpose in my own.”– Nicole, SNAP EBT Customer
Your gift, of any amount, is greatly appreciated and directly supports:
- Access to local healthy food for customers with SNAP/EBT, and FMNP WIC/Senior food benefits who rely on their purchases to be matched with a dollar-for-dollar program spent directly with our local food producers. In 2020, we redeemed $70K in SNAP, $54K in AZ Double Up Food Bucks, and $4K in FMNP dollars. An additional $11K in FMNP dollars was redeemed through support from the CARES act.
- The infrastructure for more than 30 local farmers and 250 small businesses that otherwise may not survive. At our markets, producers sell directly to customers, and you can truly know your farmer!
- Keeping our Farmers Markets safe and essential – Farmers Markets were designated an essential service by the State, County and City in April of 2020, early in the response to the pandemic. As open-air grocery stores, farmers markets provide a safer alternative to crowded indoor supermarkets. We continue to make changes to our market to uphold CDC and Pima County Health Department guidelines.
Thank you to our amazing customers and vendors.
We are able to operate because of YOU!
“It has been extremely satisfying to see the vendors in our network continue to thrive at the markets and see new customers each week intent on leading healthier lifestyles and supporting local businesses. Even though interactions have been limited, having an outlet for interaction, nourishment, and support has helped me feel connected during the pandemic. I couldn’t have asked for a better team or community to be a part of while navigating the difficulties of this past year.”
– Lena Melnick, Lead Market Manager
Want to dive in deeper with our organization and learn how we’ve adapted during the pandemic?
Your donation to Heirloom Farmers Markets supports the communities we serve: in the fields, in the markets and on our tables across Southern Arizona. We thank you for your generosity to help keep our markets growing!
– Guillermo Nido of Nido Farms
Heirloom Farmers Markets is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that has been serving the greater Tucson area for over 20 years. Your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law (EIN #463227755).