Become A Vendor
The Heirloom Farmers Markets’ annual application process opens up each year starting in June for the Green Valley Village Farmers & Artisans Market and November for all other Heirloom Farmers Markets. This process allows new and returning vendors an equal opportunity to be a part of the Heirloom Farmers Markets’ system. We will ALWAYS accept late applications, however, those applications submitted after the deadline will be put on a waiting list for consideration. Priority for space is granted first to farmers and ranchers. However, spaces for food and artisan vendors do open up during the year. Thank you for your interest!
HFM’s policy is to give preference to farmers/producers and vendors whose practices support our objectives and mission:
- For farmers/producers, we prefer that all products be grown in Arizona, and we give preference to those who farm organically and with sustainable practices.
- For food vendors, we prefer those who use organic and regionally grown products and who have at least two years of experience in the restaurant/prepared food business. All prepared food is subject to a blind tasting to ensure product quality and appeal.
- For artisan vendors, we prefer locally handmade and produced arts and crafts made by the seller. Although the emphasis will be on these criteria, it will not be to the exclusion of unique products that represent the Southwest, as well as products that meet the demands of customers.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- National Distributed Products Like Energy Drinks and Overly Processed Foods
- Wine, Spirits, and Beer
- Multi-Level Marketing Products
We’ve gone digital
To streamline the 300+ market applications we receive annually, we have moved our application process online. First-time applicants, please submit your information by selecting New Application. Returning applicants, please submit your information by selecting Renewal. Once you submit your application online it will be saved for years to come so you can easily update and reapply with the click of a button. For those who do not have access to a computer, please visit the Market Info Booth to apply on our iPad or call 520-882-2157.
While we would love to chat with all prospective vendors individually, the high volume of applications we receive in addition to our regular workload does not always allow for this.
Thank you for taking the time to apply. We wish you the best in all your endeavors.
Heirloom Farmers Markets is devoted exclusively to vendors who sell locally grown produce, processed farm goods, cottage baked goods, fresh-made condiments, salads, and free-range and grass-fed beef, lamb, and poultry. Products such as lotions, soaps, candles, and sachets must be produced and processed by the vendor and must be classified as an agricultural commodity. The only artisan goods permitted at our Udall Park, Oro Valley, and Rillito Park Farmers Markets are kitchen craft.
To ensure a dynamic balance within the market, space for craft products is limited. We only accept vendors who are properly licensed to make/sell what they produce. If you are interested in food manufacturing or food preparation and sales, you must have an operating license from the Pima County Health Department or your local health department, a commercial kitchen, a food handlers license, the correct business licensing permits for Tucson and Oro Valley, a tax ID number, and liability insurance.
HFM is committed to creating a diverse marketplace with the highest quality, locally made products available. Although HFM is not bound to apply a particular set of criteria in every instance, HFM does reserve unconditional discretion to accept or refuse anyone as a vendor and considers all factors when evaluating vendor applications.
Priority is given to those regional (Southern Arizona) farmers and producers who bring produce to the markets that is 100% grown and harvested on farmland they own or lease. Farmers are given priority over processed and prepared foods, then preference will be given to local producers. Farmers who use environmentally responsible growing, breeding, raising, and harvesting methods will also have priority. Annual farm visits are required to uphold the HFM mission, verify practices, and to allow for continued promotion on behalf of farmers and producers.
PRODUCT QUALITY AND PRESENTATION
- Consistently high product quality: fresh, flavorful, and ripe
- Clean and attractive displays
- Courteous, strong customer service, and knowledgeable staff
- Foster a connection between the producer and the consumer
CONDUCT AND COMPLIANCE
- History of compliance with Market rules and federal, state, and local regulations
- Positive vendor conduct toward customers, fellow vendors, Market staff, and volunteers
- Timely submission of application, licenses, and other Market correspondence
- Products that are unique to the marketplace
- Products not already represented in the market
- Duplicate products may be denied entry
- Product not readily available through national distribution channels
- Adheres to the highest standards in safe food production and handling
- Admission to HFM is subject to space availability
- Value-Added Farm Foods, Non-Farm Processed Foods, and On-Premise Prepared Foods
In addition to the factors and criteria for general vendor acceptance, processed food and on-premise prepared food must be submitted for product jury. This includes growers with value-added products. Products are evaluated on the following factors:
- Product complements HFM’s mission – i.e. demonstrates our direct producer-to-consumer values and reflects seasonal availability of products.
- Market products balance and space availability.
- Legal requirements (weight, ingredients, etc.)
- Low environmental impact
Market Fees and Display Guidelines
You must provide your own displays, tables, and shade. Canopies and umbrellas are acceptable. Upon acceptance, all vendors are assigned spaces according to their individual requirements and space availability. Some electricity is available. All space assignments are at the discretion of the Market Manager.
WEEKLY SPACE FEES
If you meet the above requirements and have all the proper documentation, please download the application in the ‘Vendor Application’ tab below.
>> Vendor Application <<
If you meet the above requirements as a Vendor and have all the proper documentation, please apply here:
Pending Application Review, Potential Vendor is Notified of Status
Acceptance at one venue does not guarantee acceptance at another. If we receive your application after the deadline we will review your information and send you an email letting you know if your business is a potential fit for our markets. Typically, please allow a 1 to 2 week application processing time. If we have any questions regarding your products, you may be asked to bring a sample to the market. You must submit product and booth set-up photos with your application. Submitting an inquiry does not guarantee a formal invitation.
If you are not accepted to a market, don’t worry. All applications are kept on file and this is the first place we look when an opening does occur.
Business Sponsorship Opportunities
Visit our Sponsorship Page for more info.