Vegan Apple Muffins
It’s apple season and we think you should make these vegan apple muffins! These are seriously the easiest and most delicious muffins ever! See you at the farmers market!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (1 large)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (vegetable or canola oil may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups apples, diced small (about 2 large apples)
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a non-stick muffin pan; set aside. Whisk together apple cider vinegar and milk and set aside. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the sugar, milk and vinegar mixture, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and whisk until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t over-mix. Batter should be thick too thick. Fold in apples. Divide batter equally among the cavities of the prepared pan, about 3/4 full. Bake for about 17 to 18 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.