Roasted Beet and Pistachio Salad
Servings: 4 Side Dish or 2 Main Course
- 8 cups salad mix or lettuce
- 4 medium-sized beets, trimmed
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or chèvre
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the oven to 400º. Wrap each individual beet in foil, ensuring that no part of the beet is exposed. Place the wrapped beets on a baking sheet and roast for 40-60 minutes, or until the beets are fork-tender to the core.
Once the beets have cooled, gently peel off their skins and dice them into 1/2” cubes.
In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the salad greens to the bowl and toss until the greens are evenly coated with dressing.
Top the salad with the roasted beets, pistachios, cheese, and freshly cracked pepper. Serve & savor!
Recipe by Shelby Thompson