Purple People Eater Smoothie with Local Sprouts
When asked how she incorporates sprouts into her diet, Sun Flower Spouts & Microgreens owner Dani Fowler says, “I just throw them in everything I eat.” To easily introduce the small leafy greens into your daily routine, try adding sunflower and buckwheat sprouts to your morning smoothie.
- 1 1/2 Cups frozen sliced bananas
- 1 Cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon all natural almond butter
- 1 Cup loosely packed sprouts
- 1 Cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) or fresh orange juice
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Divide into two glasses and serve.
Recipe by Shelby Thompson