Italian Veggie Pasta
SERVINGS: 4 – 6
Veggies and pasta, what could be better?! This pasta has amazing flavor! Pappardelle’s Pasta makes super satisfying and delicious pastas! The veggies are in-season and come straight from the farmers market! Seasonal food is fresher, tastier and more nutritious than food consumed out of season. We really are what we eat!
- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Pasta Spinach Garlic Fettuccine
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 small zucchinis, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet, sauté garlic and onion over medium heat until garlic turns light golden. Add zucchini, Italian herb seasonings, tomatoes, and cook covered for 5-10 minutes. Add mushrooms and basil and cook uncovered an additional 2 minutes. Add the pasta and white balsamic vinegar to the sauce and lightly toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. Finish with olive oil if desired. Serve immediately.