SERVINGS: 6 – 8
Baba ganoush is a delicious and healthy eggplant dip! Since eggplant is a purple food, it contains anthocyanin. This essential nutrient supports healthy blood pressure and protects from pain and inflammation. This dip is creamy, healthy, and full of flavor! Run, go get some eggplant!
- 2 medium eggplants, halved
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon, more if desired
- ¼ cup tahini, more if desired
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for roasting the eggplant and garnish
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of smoked paprika, and more for garnish
- Bread and cut up veggies for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, place eggplant halves on baking sheet, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until eggplant is tender and can be pierced with a fork. When cooled, peel off the skin and place eggplant and all other ingredients in a food processor. Blend on high until smooth, taste and adjust flavors. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
This recipe also works without a food processor, place peeled eggplant in a bowl and mash, add all other ingredients and mash/stir until combined. It may not be as smooth, but it will still be delicious!