Fresh. Healthy. Arizona Farmers Markets. – Public Health Campaign
From June 15th to the 21st, farmers markets across Arizona unite with Fresh. Healthy. Arizona Farmers Markets. to promote safe practices in efforts to keep our communities safe and keep markets open as pivotal access points for farmers to sell fresh produce.
The state of Arizona is getting back to business, and it’s more important than ever that farmers markets, vendors, and customers continue best health to keep our markets safe, essential, and open to the community at large.
While farmers markets have been deemed “essential” services by Governor Ducey, we want Arizona farmers markets to feel empowered and supported in promoting healthy practices at the market!
Best Practices as Promoted by Leading Health Officials
- Practice physical distancing of 6 feet.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Stay home if you or someone you know is sick.
WAYS YOU CAN KEEP ARIZONA FARMERS MARKET’S HEALTHY
- Please wear a face mask at the market.
- Shop quickly and do not linger to socialize.
- Come prepared with a shopping list.
- No sampling or eating onsite.
- Bring exact change or pay with a debit card. Preorder or prepay when possible.
- Shop with your eyes, not with your hands. Vendors will assist you.
- Be social on social media! Tag your favorite markets using the hashtags #lovemyAZmarkets #keepfarmersmarketsessential and #freshhealthyazfarmersmarkets
THANK YOU FOR BEING A GOOD NEIGHBOR AND HELPING KEEP YOUR MARKET OPEN AND HEALTHY!