- 1 Slice of bread, preferably sourdough
- 3 Tablespoons of hummus or other creamy bean dip
- ¼ Cup loosely packed sprouts
- ½ Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Local Southwest
- ½ Teaspoon za’atar seasoning (equal parts sesame seeds, ground sumac, dried thyme)
- Sea salt, to taste
Toast the bread to your liking. Use a butter knife or the back of a spoon to evenly spread the hummus on one side of the toast. Distribute the sprouts evenly over top of the toast. Drizzle the olive oil over the sprouts and sprinkle everything with za’atar and sea salt.
Recipe & Photo by Shelby Thompson