Tomato, Basil and Garlic Festival
This weekend! July 19, 20 and 21!
Recipe by Chefs Josh, Aric and Angel of Vero Amore & Nobel Hops
celebrating all things Tomato, Basil and Garlic!
Walnuts 1 1/2 cup
Minced Garlic 1 TBSP
Fresh Basil 1 lbs
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4 oz
Shaved Parmesan 1/4 cup
Salt and pepper To Taste
Begin by chopping the basil leaves into small rough pieces no more than a ¼ inch, then put aside. Proceed with the walnuts in the same fashion as the basil. Place both ingredients in a large mixing bowl then add the minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil. With a large spoon mix all the ingredients well and finish by adding salt and pepper if needed.
Olive Oil 3 oz
Minced Garlic 3 oz
Oregano (dry) ¼ cup
Red Wine 8 oz
Fresh Tomatoes 1 lb
Kosher salt To taste
Pepper To taste
1. add oil and garlic in large stock pot and cook on medium heat for about 2 mins
2. add oregano and cook for 10 seconds
3. pour red wine and reduce until the liquid is almost gone
4. add tomatoes and allow to simmer for 5-10 mins
5. blend the tomato sauce to a semi smooth consistency
6. salt and pepper sauce to your liking