Second Saturdays at Steam Pump Ranch
Join us for Second Saturdays at Steam Pump Ranch for an invigorating day of tours, Heirloom Farmers Markets, Heritage Garden demonstrations, live music, and guest speaker.
9 A.M. – 1 P.M.
• Pusch House: Open for tours including a special presentation in the museum area, and an art show in the art gallery area.
• Markets: Heirloom Farmers Market, Commerce Corral and the Historic, Western and Americana Artisan and Antique Fair.
• Heritage Garden Activities: Arts and crafts projects for children, Hands on Archaeology with Archaeology Southwest, garden discussion and demonstrations.
STEAM PUMP RANCH CONCERT SERIES
10:30 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- March 14, 2020 – Canyon Currents (Bluegrass)
- May 9, 2020 – Greg Morton (Bluegrass)
SPECIAL EXHIBITS AND PROGRAMS IN THE PUSCH HOUSE AT STEAM PUMP RANCH
- November and December: German Christmas displays and a Christkindl Market
- January: Reidy family display and tales from 90 year old descendant “Growing up on the homestead in the 20s and 30s.” This homestead was near La Cholla Blvd. and the Tortilita Mts.
- February: Letters from Henry Zipf to his mother Gertrude (Pusch-Zipf) during World War II.
- March: Buster Bailey and Billy Chester, local cowboys from the 40s and 50s.
- April: (To be confirmed) Homesteaders reunion at Steam Pump Ranch.
PHOTO AND ART SHOWS IN THE PUSCH HOUSE AT STEAM PUMP RANCH
At our monthly Second Saturday events, we will highlight photos and other forms of art taken/made by community members, featuring Steam Pump Ranch. We will select those that best fit in the Ranch House Gallery and have them on display. To set up an appointment to have your work/photos reviewed for potential selection and display, please call 520-229-5052.
BIKE OR WALK TO THE MARKET
Ride your bike or walk to the Heirloom Farmers Market via the shared use path on a Second Saturday at Steam Pump Ranch and receive $1 coupon to use at Steam Pump Ranch Artisan and Commerce Corral vendors (offer limited to the first 20). Pick up your coupon at the Parks and Recreation booth.
Second Saturday Partners: Heirloom Farmers Market & Archaeology Southwest