Citrust Jubilee at Oro Valley
Pucker up and celebrate the citrus season! This year our local oranges, grapefruits, lemons, tangelos and kumquats are flourishing on the trees. At Heirloom Farmers Markets, we’re excited to highlight this fresh and zesty fruit with its own Citrus Jubilee weekend! Join us at the markets from 9am-1pm on Saturday, January 21th in Oro Valley (Steam Pump Ranch) and Sunday, January 22st at Rillito Park (Food Pavilion) for locally grown citrus and citrus food specialties and deals.
Heirloom Farmers Markets’ Special Jubilee Highlights:
- Saturday, January 21st in Oro Valley (Steam Pump Ranch) – 10901 N. Oracle Rd.
- We will have a eclectic citrus tasting table and live music.
- Family band The Fourth String Band will be playing live music at the market.
- Sunday, January 22nd at Rillito Park (Food Pavilion) – 4502 N. 1st Ave.
- For our largest citrus bounty of the weekend we will have food trucks and a featured chef demo by internationally acclaimed raw food chef, Elaina Love, from Pure Joy Planet.
- As an added zest to the festivities, our featured music for the festival will be R. Carlos Nakai and friends, the world’s premier performer of Native American flute music.
At the farmers market you’ll find tangy breads and pastries, citrus jams and jellies, freshly squeezed juice, orange blossom honey, flavored olive oils and vinegars, and scented soaps highlighting this vibrant fruit. Plus, keep your eyes out for recipe cards on the many ways to cook and use this in-season fruit. Join us for the smells, flavors and inspiration citrus brings to your palate! Stop by the market info booth for a full list of citrus vendors and citrus inspired market deals.