Celebrate Earth Month at HeirloomFM
As we celebrate the 49th Annual Earth Day on April 22nd, Heirloom Farmers Markets will be extending this one-day event through the entire month of April at all five or their markets! Heirloom will be celebrating our local farmers – the people who work every day to make eating in southern Arizona a more sustainable act! As always, Heirloom works hard to promote their seasonal growers and local producers by providing education to their customers on the benefits of shopping and eating local food. This Earth Month they will also look aim to reduce food waste at their markets and inspire customers with different opportunities to learn about composting, water harvesting, recycling, and reducing their carbon footprint.
Stop by Rillito Park Farmers Market in April to learn how you can help save the planet one week at a time. Each weekend of April Heirloom has scheduled workshops and entertainment to help further the Earth month celebration including Watershed Management Group, Compost Cats, Mr. Nature’s Music Garden, Hansel & Friends’ Puppet Show, and more!
SCHEDULED SPECIAL EVENTS
- Sunday, April 7th, 10am — 3pm • Heirloom goes to Cyclovia Tucson & offers their Taste of the Market food literacy program to the Tucson community • Historic Y Activity Hub (738 N. 5th Ave.)
- Sunday, April 14th, 9am — 1pm • Bike to the Farmers Market – Free bike valet hosted by BICAS, free ice tea from Transit Tea for cyclists, Tucson Village Farm activity area, and live music from R. Carlos Nakai • Rillito Park Farmers Market (4502 N. 1st Ave.)
- Friday, April 19th, 8am — 12pm • Family Funday at the Farmers Market • Trail Dust Town Farmers Market (Home of Pinnacle Peak – 6541 E. Tanque Verde)
- Sunday, April 21st, 8am — 12pm • 10am Mr. Nature’s Music Garden, and 9am & 11am Compost Workshop • Rillito Park Farmers Market (4502 N. 1st Ave.)
- Wednesday, April 24th, 8am — 12pm • Earth Month! Free Bike Valet & Scavenger Hunt • Green Valley Village Farmers & Artisans Market (101 S. La Canada Dr.)
- Saturday, April 27th, 8am — 12pm • Earth Month! Free Bike Valet • Oro Valley Farmers Market (10901 N. Oracle Rd.)
- Saturday, April 27th, 8am — 12pm • Earth Month! Taste of the Market Feature & Scavenger Hunt • Rincon Valley Farmers & Artisans Market (12500 E. Old Spanish Trail)
- Sunday, April 28th, 8am — 12pm • Earth Month! 9am & 11am Hansel & Friends’ Puppet Show, 10am Watershed Management Group Workshop, & Heirloom compost services • Rillito Park Farmers Market (4502 N. 1st Ave.)